The 6th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA)
will take place 13th-17th July 2015 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
The scientific committee invites researchers who are active in the field
of survey research and survey methodology to submit paper proposals.
To submit a presentation abstract, sign up or log in to the ESRA website
(http://www.europeansurveyresearch.org ). After logging in to your
account, click "Submit paper" and follow the instructions. You may
submit a maximum of two papers on which you are enlisted as presenting
The closing date for submission of paper proposals is 15 January 2015.
Paper proposals are invited in any area of survey methodology, or in
substantive applications of survey research. We encourage proposals from
researchers with a variety of backgrounds, including academic research,
national statistics and market research.
The following are examples of topics that are of particular interest:
• Sample designs, coverage, and sampling
• Fieldwork processes
• Unit and item nonresponse
• Weighting and imputation
• Questionnaire development, testing and piloting
• Interviewers and interviewer effects
• Mixing modes and mode effects
• Online survey methods
• Surveys using mobile devices
• Linking survey data to auxiliary data sources
• Using paradata to evaluate survey quality
• Methods for cross-national and cross-cultural surveys
• Longitudinal surveys and longitudinal analysis techniques
• Methodological considerations specific to certain survey modes:
face-to-face, phone, web, mail, etc.
• Analysing, monitoring and reducing the Total Survey Error
• Data documentation, archiving and data access
• Survey analysis techniques
• Election polling and public opinion
• Social indicators
• Substantive applications of survey research
A complete overview of all sessions that are organized can be consulted
on the following link:
Poster session - New this year is that also a poster session will be
organized. To submit a poster rather than a paper presentation, select
'Poster submission' in the session list during the session selection
Early career prize - Researchers within two years of the completion of
their doctorate, or within five years of starting a career in survey
research, will be eligible to enter their paper for the ESRA
Early-Career Researcher prize. The winning paper will be awarded a prize
of 500 Euros. More information about the Early-Career Researcher award
will be announced on the conference website in due course.
The SQP research paper award which includes a prize money of € 1,000
will be announced at the conference. The award is given for the best
paper describing an application or a methodological comment on the use
of the Survey Quality Predictor (SQP). The papers should be sent to
RECSM before the 1st of March 2015. For more detailed information about
the requirements, quality criteria and evaluation process, please check
the RECSM website: http://www.upf.edu/survey/actualitat/50.html .
The organizing committee - Bart Meuleman, Annelies Blom, Eldad Davidov,
Gudbjorg Andrea Jonsdottir, Nick Allum, Patrick Sturgis